15A / 20A GFCI Safety Outlet Receptacle Tamper & Weather Resistant – White UL
These commercial grade GFCIs will protect you from electrical shock at home, the office, hospitals, schools, and outdoors. Each two-pole, three-wire grounding duplex receptacle is built with a patented reset lockout feature that blocks the reset button in the event that the device has been wired incorrectly or the GFCI protection has been lost. Built with UV stabilized thermoplastic, this device is both tamper and weather resistant.
Our GFCI’s (ground-fault circuit interrupters) meet and/or exceed UL 2018 standards.
Each GFCI Includes:
- One (1) GFCI
- One (1) Wall Plate w/screws
- One (1) set of installation instructions
What is a ground fault and when does it occur?
- According to OSHA, a ground-fault occurs when there is a break in the low-resistance grounding path from a tool/appliance or electrical system. The electrical current may then take an alternative path to the ground, through the user, resulting in serious injuries or death.
What is a ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) and how does it protect me?
- The ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) is a fast-acting ‘circuit breaker’ designed to shut off electric power in the event of a ground-fault within as little as 1/40th of a second. It works by comparing the amount of current going to and returning from equipment along the circuit conductors (wires). When the amount going differs from the amount returning by approximately 5 milliamperes, the GFCI interrupts the current.
What does self-testing mean?
- Self-testing GFCI receptacles automatically check themselves in order to notify an individual of any electrical issues. If no ground-fault protection is detected, the device will trip and will not reset.
What does Standard (non-tamper resistant) mean?
- The Standard GFCI does not offer Tamper Resistant shutters or any Weather Resistance, they are base version of the GFCI and preferred by some that don’t require the use of Tamper Resistant or Weather Resistant GFCI’s.
What does tamper-resistant (TR) mean?
- Tamper-resistant receptacles, in our case a GFCI, are uniquely designed to help protect children from the potential dangers associated with ‘playing’ with receptacles. They were developed in response to the ongoing number of injuries sustained by children as a result of attempting to stick objects like keys, hairpins, paper clips, pens and other objects into receptacle slots.
- Tamper-resistant receptacles contain a shutter mechanism which blocks access to the contacts unless a two or three-pronged plus is inserted. When pressure is simultaneously applied to both sides, the receptacle shutter opens to allow the standard plug to make contact with the receptacle contacts. Without this simultaneous pressure, the shutter remains closed and, by extension, prevents the insertion of foreign objects. This not only prevents children from inserting foreign objects in the receptacle but protects adults as well. For instance, if the blades on a plug are damaged or bent, the shutter will not allow the plug to be inserted as doing so would result in electric shock or damage to the tool/appliance in question.
What does Weather Resistant (WR) mean?
- The Weather Resistant (WR) GFCI offers everything the Tamper Resistant (TR) version does but also adds weather protection. Weather Resistant GFCI’s are designed to offer protection against rain, snow, ice, moisture, humidity and dust in any residential or commercial outdoor location when properly installed in an approved weather protective cover.
- 20Amp – 120V AC
- Tamper Resistant, Weather Resistant or Standard (choose your option above)
- UL Approved
- Safelock function, the reset button will not engage if protection has been compromised
- When miswired, GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interupter) outlets have no power, so it is more safe than conventional receptacle
- If miswired or if GFCI protection is damaged, GFCI can’t be reset
- Easier installation
- Self-Testing UL 2018 Certified
Listing & Warranty
- 30 days warranty on all items
Contact & Support
You can always contact us directly here, we do our best to support our customers and answer any questions. Feel free to send us a message any time.
Most orders are shipped within 12-48 Business Hours. This process is expedited by paying for your item immediately. We supply tracking information directly to your eBay account as soon as it’s available.
PayPal is our preferred method of payment. Your PayPal account must be a Verified account. We collect Sales Tax in Illinois as required.